CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Yearning

Hmm...you're probably wondering what it is that I'm pining for. Home, I'm yearning for home. Mickey and I have been away for the past few weeks, first in Vermont where we shivered and shook and decided that it was way too cold for us to hang around there any longer. So we went home for a day-and-a-half before heading out to visit the dear man's relations. Don't get me wrong, I love his family but I miss being home. We've still got five days left to the visit but I'm counting each and every one of them. As I said, we love everyone and we're having a great time but really, there's no place like home. Our bed doesn't have nearly as many lumps in it, either. And at home I would be a half a block from a Starbucks...yeah, I know it's shallow but I'm yearning for a caramel macchiato--not a grande but a venti. It's been way too long to skimp on size. With coffee, as with many...ahem...other things in life, bigger is sometimes more desirable. Sometimes. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me, it's McDonald's coffee. That way I can get one of those hot apple pies, too!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. I yearn for those big, fat gooey Cinnabon rolls. Do you know the ones? We had a shop near us but it moved and now I really miss those things! My hips don't but I do.