CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Say-Yes Valentine's Brownies

If you're anything like I am, food can often make me feel romantic. Candlelights flickering, a fine meal, soft music in the background, then, before the actual fun begins...desert. Yes, I'm talking about the goodies before the goodies, if you get my drift. One of my fave goodies is chocolate, and since chocolate seems to be the food of choice for Valentine's Day, I'm going to share my recipe for Say-Yes Valentine's Brownies.

Ready? The recipe:

Say-Yes Valentine's Brownies

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped almonds

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, eggs and cocoa, mixing well after each addition. Set aside.

In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture and stir until well blended.

Add half of the chopped nuts and mix well. Spread batter in greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan. Top with remaining nuts. Bake in a pre-heated 350° oven for 25 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good, another recipe. The last one was yummy! thanks!

Abby

Anonymous said...

this looks great! I'm going to try them, even though I am a terrible cook.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you ladies enjoy the recipes. I love to cook so it's natural that I share some of my favorite recipes with my readers!

Take care, Nina

Anonymous said...

tried 'em and they are very good. easy to make, too.