CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pasta, Key West style

Mickey and I have been enjoying the Florida sunshine. Soooo glad to have missed the snowstorm in the City! Sooo glad to have been walking on the beach instead of dodging piles of grimy snow.

When we're here we often eat at a small restaurant nearby. I won't divulge the name of the place but the chef has seen us so often he comes out and talks to us almost every time we stop in. Mickey and I both love his pasta primavera. Last night I finagled the recipe out of him...more or less. You'll see what I mean when you read it. There are no measurements--just a handful of this and a pinch of that, he says. Adjust it to suit your own tastes, I guess. Anyhow, here's the best (if somewhat sketchy) pasta primavera recipe I know. Enjoy!

Pasta Primavera

green beans, trimmed
broccoli florets
asparagus slices
red bell pepper, chopped
olive oil
chopped onion
minced fresh garlic
pinch crushed red pepper
fresh green peas
pinch salt
chopped fresh basil
shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
pasta of your choice *we've been eating fettucine*

Cook green veggies until just tender; drain. Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and cook until soft. Add cooked vegetables, stir and then add herbs and spices. Serve over pasta. Add generous helping of cheese over top. Open a bottle of your favorite wine and enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this and it is amazing. Thanks for the recipe!

Carrie