CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Tinsel for Lunch Contest

I know, Tinsel For Lunch sounds crazy, doesn't it? But in our family it's a phrase that's as ordinary as "Good morning" or "Pass the salt, please." I was three, and it was Christmas Eve. Lunchtime. My mother asked what I'd like to eat. I think she was considering pb&j or grilled cheese. I answered, "Tinsel for lunch." Then I insisted it looked like spaghetti, and that nothing else would do. She served spaghetti with butter sauce which apparently looked similar enough to tinsel to satisfy me. Every year since, tinsel for lunch is something we have around the holidays. Of course, the spagetti has grown more sophisticated but the annual Tinsel Luncheon is one of our family traditions.

Please share one of your holiday traditions with me. As my way of saying "Thank you for sharing!" I'll enter you in the Tinsel For Lunch Contest. The winner will receive a large wicker gift basket filled with holiday goodies ... Godiva chocolate, bubble bath, a NY snowman sweatshirt, a gift card, a couple of holiday DVDs and a bunch of other stuff that will, I hope, make the winner's holiday season a bit more festive. So what have you got to lose? Share a memory, enter a contest and everyone's a winner because I believe remembering past holidays makes the present one even more special. A grand prize winner will receive my stuffed holiday basket!

And you don't even have to eat Tinsel For Lunch!

Email me at ninascontests@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!The drawing will be held on December 15th. I'd like the basket to arrive at the winner's house by Christmas Eve. And yes, there will be fixings in the basket to make Tinsel For Lunch, too. ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well im in england we have just family that live here for xmas day

but for boxing day we have all the family over there can be up to and above 100 people

we have a all day buffet and keep it topped up its a good time to patch up old hurts and stasrt again before the new year

Raonaid Luckwell said...

So we leave our traditions here? Or Email. Oh well if we need to email it I will email it later.

Family traditions. Now that my grandfather passed away this month (my grandmother has been gone for ten years), it reminds me of the fun that me and my brothers enjoyed opening up our presents, and then walking down to our grandparents (my mother's parents) to urge them to not only open our presents but the presents from others.

We simply enjoyed spending time with them, seeing them behave like kids with presents. It's something I really miss those times.

It's why I really press home to my husband that I like to have the boys visit my parents after they open their gifts. They get to take one present that they liked the best of all to show their grandparents.

Raonaid@gmail.com

Raonaid Luckwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caffey said...

Nina, this sounds like fun to do! I love these memories and would love to share them. I'll email them to you!

Too a beautiful prize as well! Have a great week!