CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lazy afternoons

We've just returned from a week in Vermont. Let me tell you, Vermont in the spring is gorgeous. Daffodils blooming, tulips opening, birds chirping. Lots and lots of time to relax...

I did a lot of reading, a good amount (just ask my checkbook!!) of shopping in the little boutiques and art galleries and waaay too much eating and drinking! Stairmaster here I come! But I had a great time, and I certainly needed the break.

I mean, really, doesn't everyone need a break now and then? Is your life as hectic as mine? I'll bet it is. Some days I feel like I'm trying to breakdance, twirl a baton and organize a gala all at once. But that just makes the lazy afternoons, spent with my darling Mickey, all the more enjoyable.

How do you get away? Unwind? Relax?

I could use a few hints, maybe a suggestion or two. Because really, once I unpack and do all this damn laundry, I'm going to need a mini-break...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds incredible. Now that I've got kids my vaca spot is the park, lol, with the other mommies. Not exciting but that's my choice for now. Want to switch? For a while, anyway?

Jenyfer Matthews said...

With two munchkins underfoot most of the time, I don't get all that much alone do-nothing time either, Nina. For me an hour alone with a cup of tea and a good book is sometimes as good as it gets!
Jenyfer
http://www.jenyfermatthews.com