CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

Blame It on Cupid

What am I reading? It's a question I get all the time. I guess people think that a writer should have the "inside track" or something on what's hot, exceptional or whatever. I have to admit, I love, love, love to read...I think most writers do. So in deference to the eternal what-are-you-reading-now question, I've decided not to wait for the question. I'm simply going to tell you what I'm currently reading.

Last night I finished Blame It on Cupid by Jennifer Greene. This is the first time I've read one of her books but I can assure you it won't be the last. This was one of the sweetiest, sexiest books I've read in a while. It's the story of a quirky young woman whose free-wheeling lifestyle comes to an abrupt halt when an old friend passes away and leaves her guardianship of his eleven-year-old daughter. It sounds like it should be sad, right? But the way the book is written, the story is anything but sad. It's filled with poignant moments between the woman and her young charge, sexy interludes with the hotter-than-fire neighbor and has an ending that's sure to make you laugh and cry all at once. Yes, I loved Blame It on Cupid and I'll be buying more of Jennifer Greene's books in the very near future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your little review of this book last week so I went out and bought it. It was one of the sweetest romances I've read in a long time! I loved it! The way he showed up when she really needs him the most-I fell in love with him, too!

What are you reading now? And when will you tell us what you think?

Thanks, Karen

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing. I bought the book after I read this-I saw it at WalMart but put it back on the shelf, then I read this and said what the heck and went back for it. I wasn't sorry, it was really good!

Karen's right. What's next?

Abby

Anonymous said...

What are you reading now? We want to know! I read this Cupid book after I read about it here. It was cute.